The White Oak Roughnecks will play at home this Friday against the New Diana Eagles. The game will begin at 7:30.
Parents, please remember that students must bring a Pep Rally form and give to the teacher so that they can be seated in the cafeteria when the double doors open at 2:30 pm. NO student will be allowed to leave without an Adult.
Pep rallies are typically held on Friday afternoons at 3:02 in the High School gym. Pep rally procedures are as follows:
- If a student plans on attending the pep rally, the parent MUST send a note to the child’s teacher EACH WEEK. Students will NO NOTE will stay in the classroom. Teachers will keep the notes each week. Students will NOT be allowed to walk to the pep rally without an adult with them.
- Only students who have a note will be sent to the cafeteria at 2:30.
- The doors will remain locked until 2:30. Adults will enter through the Intermediate doors and sign their student out in the cafeteria.
- Students not picked up by 3:00 will be sent back to the classroom.
- Again, students must be accompanied by an adult to attend the pep rally.
This year we are all Super Heros at White Oak Intermediate. With that being said, watch for these Super Jen’s Jean Passes to make their debut soon in teachers’ boxes. You may not use passes from previous years. So whenever you receive these passes this year, be sure you use them before the last day of school this year.
Here are some important times that need to be noted. As it was pointed out today, there were discrepancies in some locations where the incorrect times were posted.
- 7:30 – Doors Open at 7:30. Students may enter the building at 7:30. All 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders will enter the building and either go to breakfast or go directly to the gym. Parents are not allowed in the gym or upstairs.
- 7:45 – Classes begin at 7:45 when the students are released from the gym after daily morning announcements. If students arrive after 7:45, they will miss important announcements.
- 8:00 – The cafeteria will serve breakfast until 8:00. Students arriving after 8:00 will not get a breakfast tray.
- 8:00 – The double doors will close and lock at 8:00. Students arriving after 8:00 will be required to have a parent walk them in and get a TARDY slip.
We are sorry if times differed in blog posts. We try hard to screen over 400 blogs for discrepancies, but sometimes a few errors slip past. However, this has given us an opportunity to highlight some important times so that each academic day can begin smoothly. It’s going to be a super year!
If your student is a car pickup, you will see this sign tomorrow. Do not be offended or think that someone is singling you out. It is the law and has been since 2013. For the safety of our students, as well as our staff who are working the pickup duties, DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE IN A SCHOOL ZONE.
(Excerpt from the Texas Department of Transportation:)
“One in five crashes involves driver distraction. Drivers who use cell phones in their vehicles have a higher risk of collision than drivers who don’t, whether holding the phone or using a hands-free device.
Cell Phone Prohibitions
- Drivers with learner’s permits are prohibited from using handheld cell phones in the first six months of driving.
- Drivers under the age of 18 are prohibited from using wireless communications devices.
- School bus operators are prohibited from using cell phones while driving if children are present.
- In school zones, all drivers are prohibited from texting and using handheld devices while driving.
Fines and Cell Phone Ordinance Types
Fines range from $200 to $500.”
Can you believe that the first day of school is TOMORROW? The staff at White Oak Intermediate has been preparing for this day for several weeks now. When those doors open at 7:30 tomorrow morning, our students will be greeted by some super personalities. We look forward to seeing each student.
Let’s start this year off with a !